- WHAT TO BE PREPARED FOR: (1) All ages are welcome but they must be prepared for a slow-to-moderate pace covering about 4 miles. The route includes rugged, steep, and slippery hills that are full of sticky seeds and thorny plants. Expect rough, rocky, uneven ground. Expect to hike off-trail for extended periods of time. (2) This is a working ranch where free-range cattle roam as they please. (3) There is no drinking water. (4) There is one outhouse, located in the parking lot. (5) In order to protect wildlife, cattle, and rare plants—and for your pet's safety—dogs are not allowed. (6) Take only pictures, leave only footprints. (7) Maintain a safe distance from cattle and wildlife, and be aware that this is tick, mountain lion, poison oak, and potentially rattlesnake country.
- WHAT TO BRING: (1) $6 cash or check for parking. (2) A backpack with plenty of water and snacks. (3) Boots or sturdy closed-toe shoes that grip well. (4) Long, sturdy pants and layered clothes that you don't mind getting dirty. (5) Protection from the elements (sun, wind, fog, rain). (6) Also recommended: Binoculars, camera, hiking sticks, bug repellent.
- MEETING PLACE: Directions to Lynch Canyon: http://www.solanolandtrust.org/Directions.aspx. Meet your guide in the parking lot.
- WEATHER PLAN: Rain may cancel. Call Larry at 707-791-0335 if the weather is uncertain.
- Click the "Register" button below. You will then receive an email with a copy of this form, confirming your successful registration. Thank you!