Team 3 Sunday 9-6-2020 Greetings Fellow Raptor Enthusiasts, We are excited to share our weekend hawk watch dates at Jenner headlands for this fall Enthusiasts of all levels are encouraged to come and help us ID and count your favorite raptors up on the hill.
Shelly Anderson will be hosting Team #3 on the weekends with Larry Broderick (some dates) Volunteer spaces are limited due to COVID and parking protocols, so it is imperative we know how many people intend to join the count.
PLEASE LET US KNOW IN ADVANCE IF YOU ARE COMING - by responding here, or by emailing us at Shellyjanderson@sbcglobal.net Or Call: 415-519-9849
Here is the list we know of so far:
Possible 9/12 or 9/13 date if anybody wants to initiate a day
Saturday 9/26/2020 ( joined by Larry’s Jenner Hawk hike)
Orientation will be this Sunday. 9-6-20 We hope you can join us at 9:15am at the Jenner Visitor Center. We will carpool [or drive alone in individual cars] up the hill (with masks ) for a 10:00am count start. If the weather cooperates, we will stay up on the hill until 20pm.
Please notify Shelly if you plan to come via email
•Or Cell: 415-519-9849
Hope to see you there! Please bring:
Redundant [sorry for duplicated information] but here is Basic protocols:
Meet at the Jenner Visitor Center (JVC) at 9:15 AM. Promptly at 9:30 AM, we will drive up to the Jenner Headlands.
The count up on the hill runs from 10 AM - 2 PM, weather permitting. We'll drive back down to JVC by 2:30 PM.
All attending MUST sign a liability waiver each time you go (per The Wildlands Conservancy). COVID-19 Protocols:
* We will practice social distancing on the hill!
* Maintain a minimum 6-feet distance from anyone who is not a household member.
* Do not attend the count if you're feeling sick, or have a cough or fever.
* Sneeze and cough into a cloth or tissue, or, if not available, into one's elbow.
* Do not shake hands or engage in any unnecessary physical contact.
* Volunteers must bring their own mask/face-covering of some type, and are required to wear them at all times.
* We suggest not sharing optics or field guides, and using alcohol sanitizer when signing waivers (using pens or pencil).
* If carpooling, wear masks and leave windows down for the short drive.
Please note: Some will not be bringing anyone else in our car. Some will car pool, windows down would be best, if car pooling wear mask. There is limited space for parking on the hill. If you choose not to carpool with anyone else, please be aware that the road up to the hill is unpaved and bumpy, please drive slowly... if you're kicking up dust you're going too fast.
Please mind the gates, if the cows get out we may lose our privileges. What to bring: Face-mask, hand sanitizer, water, lunch, layered clothing, sunscreen, shade hat, camping chair or blanket to sit on, raptor ID books, binoculars, spotting scope.
email LB with any questions on protocol or if you want an alternate date, During peak I may run a team 4 email@example.com
Bird photos below by Don Bartling, all crest and copyright 2020
Above photos by Don Bartling.