Saturday, September 19, 2020
Hawk Watch Jenner 9-20-20 ~ 9:15am ! Jenner visitor center (meet, count runs 10am to 2pm, come join us)
Team 3 Sunday 9-20-2020 Greetings Fellow Raptor Enthusiasts, Tomorrow! We will be hosting Team #3 on the weekends with Larry Broderick (some dates). Volunteer spaces are limited due to COVID and parking protocols, so it is imperative we know how many people intend to join the count.
PLEASE LET US KNOW IN ADVANCE IF YOU ARE COMING - by responding here, or by emailing us at Shellyjanderson@sbcglobal.net Or Call: 415-519-9849 We hope you can join us at 9:15am at the Jenner Visitor Center.
We will carpool [or drive alone in individual cars] up the hill (with masks ) for a 10:00am count start. If the weather cooperates, we will stay up on the hill until 2:00pm. Please notify Shelly if you plan to come via email: Shellyjanderson@sbcglobal.net or Larry at email@example.com Or Cell: Shelly 415-519-9849 / Larry 707 -328-9315 Or post in thread below Hope to see you there!
• Hand sanitizer
• Layered clothing
• Shade hat
• Camping chair or blanket to sit on
• Raptor ID books
• Binoculars or spotting scope
* We will practice social distancing on the hill!
* Maintain a minimum 6-feet distance from anyone who is not a household member.
* Do not attend the count if you're feeling sick, or have a cough or fever.
* Sneeze and cough into a cloth or tissue, or, if not available, into one's elbow.
* Do not shake hands or engage in any unnecessary physical contact.
* Volunteers must bring their own mask/face-cove and are required to wear them at all times.
* We suggest not sharing optics - field guides.
* Use alcohol sanitizer when signing waivers (using pens or pencil)
* If carpooling, wear masks and leave windows down for the short drive
We are excited to share our weekend hawk watch dates at Jenner Headlands for this fall. Enthusiasts of all levels are encouraged to come and help us ID and count your favorite raptors up on the hill. (all dates meet at JVC by 9:15am) Here is the list we know of so far:
Sunday 9/6/2020 with Larry / Orientation will be date.
Possible 9/12 or 9/13 Larry (smoke cancel)
Sunday 9/20/2020 with Larry
Saturday 9/26/2020 (joined by Larry’s Jenner Hawk hike)
Labels: #getoutside #westcountyhawkwatch, accipiter, Hawk Migration, hawks, Hawkwatch, Jenner California, Jenner Hawk Watch, Jenner Headlands, raptor, Raptor Quiz, West county hawk watch
Sonoma County California Jenner Headlands Preserve, 12001 CA-1, Jenner, CA 95450, USA